Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Right to Your Own Opinion Seminar

With Conner and Alex debating their opposite views, there wasn't much room to get a word in edgewise. However, I was able to get more incite into which side I would take. Provided Conner's logic, I seem to agree with him that most opinions are sub conscience, and therefore fixed. I do believe that some thought out opinions are up for change, as you learn more about something, or are given incentive to change your mind. A fixed example would be sight. As soon as you see something, whether you know it or not, you are making an opinion about it. This idea is formulated in a matter of milliseconds, and therefore indisputable. An example on the other hand, would be your initial thoughts on a person. As you gain more information on that person, and become more familiar with their personality, you are more apt to change your opinion about their character. I guess what I am saying, is that over time, opinions do change. Both Alex and Conner have valid points for their argument, and there are parts of each of their views that I agree with.

No comments:

Post a Comment