Monday, August 6, 2012

Assignment #1




A new school year is quickly approaching, with high school graduation in the near future. Why not go out with a bang, and challenge myself with all AP classes? AP English Composition with Dr. Preston was really the only option for me. After having him as an instructor as a sophomore, I got a glimpse of the cutting edge teaching style he performs. His integration of technology into the classroom, and intensive classroom debates, makes his class very appealing to me. His deviation from the norm makes everyday different, and keeps his students interested all year long.

This year I am looking forward to better preparing myself for the college setting. I know this course will push me to my limits, and test my time management skills, but this will only make me more prepared for the future. I will be forced to become more independent, as Dr. Preston forces autonomy upon his pupils. I hope to embrace the new learning style, and execute all assignments to the best of my ability to fully take advantage of this special opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment