Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on Week 1

Week one was definitely more than I bargained for. With journals daily, a new set of vocabulary, a poem to analyze and recite, a personal statement and senior resume worksheet, and don't forget a complete practice AP exam, I was kept rather busy!

There are some factors that I am going to have to adapt to. Checking  the class blog multiple times a day will be essential to my success in this class, as assignments are added sporadically throughout the day. Also, staying on top of my assignments and posting work on time will be crucial to my execution of this course.

The largest "Ah ha" moment I have had in learning, was in calculus, second semester of last year. While first semester I struggled with learning the material at such a fast pace, reviewing all of the concepts and patterns second semester really helped me grasp my understanding. I knew I had mastered the class well when, I earned a score of 4 on the AP exam.

I am excited about learning how to integrate technology into education, since this teaching format will be more prominent in the college setting. This will make me a more rounded person, and give me a new perspective of learning, aside from the traditional, pencil/paper shameful procedure.




No comments:

Post a Comment